February 3, 2014

Dec. 9, 2013

And we won't go until you answer, we won't go until you answer...

... we won't go until you answer, so open your door! :)

My dearest family and friends!
Today's email is gonna mostly be full of thoughts and things I learned this week. I hope you don't mind :)

Lesson One. Stop worrying about who you're 'supposed' to be, and just be who you are!! I needed that. Maybe one of you needs that, too. *shrug* Either way, I needed it :) 

Lesson Two. One day while we were tracting, a man asked me if I died today and Peter at the pearly gates asked me why he should let me in, how I would answer. I thought for a second and answered slowly. And something really cool happened. Heavenly Father answered for me. I said things I'd never thought of before. Like, "because He wants me there" :)

Lesson Three. This isn't my mission. It's the Lord's. But it is up to me how I spend His time. 

Lesson Four. Sometimes priesthood blessings don't work immediately. But they do work :)

We did lots of service this week. We tried to do one project with all 6 of the missionaries in the area, but some things fell through for the others. 4 hours and 13 bags of leaves later, Sis Sullivan and I conquered the yard! :) We've been so busy that it was really good for us to be able to work together, get to know each other better and laugh. :)

Our investigator, L, was probably the hardest lesson I learned this week. For various reasons, she doesn't want to get baptized anymore. We're going to continue to work with her and help her to understand exactly what baptism means and why it's important. We'll see what happens. The lesson learned? We have to respect others' agency. And even when it breaks our heart, we can know that our heart isn't the only one that hurts. I know that I have done everything in my power to be the best missionary to her that I could. I love her. I pray for her. I fast for her. and I will always think about her. Heavenly Father knows that. And I feel that He does. But an Elder here told me, "You planted a very deep seed in her heart. And when she comes around, she will remember how she felt when you entered her home and taught the truth." I hope so :) The other lesson? I'm the best seed planter in the mission :P

On a brighter note... yesterday was great!! :) Everything that was said, was exactly what I needed. Paper Mill is my little, I mean, BIG family here, and I love them :) 

After church we visited a less active sister who really wants to get back to church, but she's scared. We've been working with her a lot and she's definitely progressing. She's been to sacrament meeting once, and calls us whenever she needs something. Which is a huge improvement from when we first got here :)

Did I tell you about another lady we met a few weeks back? I think I did. She was the one that we tracted into. We opened up the Book of Mormon and shared a 'random' scripture and it was exactly what she needed. Anyway. She let us come back on Sunday and we taught her a proper lesson. She had read the chapter we left her and I'm really excited to teach her more. She has to work every single day til the first week in January, so we're gonna keep in touch and heart-attack her apartment door and stuff. :) I'm excited for her and her 2 cute boys :)

And that Christmas devotional! Was that not the best thing you've ever seen?! So perfect :) My favorite part was "What happened next?!" Why? Lesson 6: We can't control what happens to us, but we can control what we're gonna do about it! So maybe L. isn't quite ready to embrace the Gospel, but what happens next? We go out and teach whoever else is willing to listen. Because this is the Lord's mission, and that's what He would want me to do :)

I love y'all!
Have a blessed day! :)

~Sister Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment