February 11, 2014

"I play the gui-tah and the pianah!" - Feb. 10, 2014

My dearest family and friends.

Considering Valentine's Day is this week, I have a confession. I'm in love. With Hartwell, GA :)

Once again the week has flown by!! I can't even believe how quickly the time has gone. Transfers are NEXT WEEK. What?! I just got here!! Sister Tanner and I think that we'll both stay because she got here mid way through last transfer, so we're both pretty new to the area. *crosses fingers* We dunno though. I'll let you know when I find out next week :)

Our investigator, K., is doing well... we think. We had 2 appts set up for this last week, but they both fell through because she has had lots of doctor's appointments. Sooo... more on that next week! :)

We taught also taught another investigator, a guy named J. this week!! We met him my first day with Sis Tanner, but we couldn't go back because we're girls, haha. So we finally got our team-up to come out with us and that was a really good lesson!! A few minutes after we started teaching his nephew and his friend came over. So we taught them too! J. and his nephew were super receptive aaaaand their friend thinks we're a cult. So that made the lesson very interesting. But the member who came with was so good! She got baptized about 6 months ago and is probably one of the most solid recent converts I've ever met. After the friend shared his interesting opinion, J. completely disregarded it and said to us, "I can learn from you and your book, and you can learn from me! I'm always open to learning more" *phew!* Tender mercy, indeed :)

Aaaaand then there's a girl named, M.!! We tracted into her on Tuesday. She's a 15-yr-old who is just adorable. Her mom answered the door, but then had her daughter, M. talk to us because her mom is deaf (...still trying to figure out how she heard the door...) AAAanyway. They're currently going to another church in South Carolina because they accommodate deaf people there, but M. doesn't really believe the things they teach. So we set up an appt and taught the restoration by watching the Restoration DVD with ASL. I love the Spirit!!! We asked her how she felt afterwards and she just said, "Wow. That was so good. I can't describe how good that movie was. And I just feel so good!" We challenged her to read from the Book of Mormon and the next day she told us how much she loved 3 Nephi 11 and how good and happy it made her feel. Go Spirit! :) We're really excited about that. We're in the process of trying to find an ASL interpreter for church and some lessons... which is rather difficult in a branch of 30 active members, haha. But! We have faith! :)

Something that really stuck out to me this week was while we were tracting. We referred a man to mormon.org to look up an old acquaintance and he said, "I knew a him many, many years ago. I don't even remember the guy's name, just his life." May we all live lives like that.

Love y'all lots!!
Til next week,
~Sister Jacobs      

No comments:

Post a Comment