February 3, 2014

"...Do you have a boyfriend? ... Am I making you uncomfortable?" Jan. 20, 2014

That awkward moment when your companion gets hit on by a potential... over the phone. HAHA! :)

Well... This week has been pretty interesting! :)

We had our interviews with President and that just rocked. I love the Wolferts so much. They both commented on my enthusiasm for this area. Why? Because I love it!! I can't even express to you how much I love this little branch. It's adorable :) 

Also, tracting with Sis Tanner is probably my favorite thing. Because the houses are so spread out, sometimes we bear our testimonies to the cows. Unfortunately it doesn't "count" for anything as far as numbers are concerned. If they did... man. Our #s would be through the roof! But hey. As long I get to bear my testimony, I'm a happy camper :)

A midst all of this joy and happiness, I made the mistake of praying for the ability to accept others' agency better. Well. People definitely used their agency this week and I did lots of praying and I know things will work out the way they need to. Moral of the story: Heavenly Father definitely answers prayers :)

But Heavenly Father also loves us... so he blesses us with little miracles at Chinese take out places. Lemme 'splain. Sis Tanner and I don't get very many dinners with members in this area. It's been really fun to actually cook dinner :) We avoid restaurants and fast-food. Most of the time. We were doing a special fast for one of our investigators on Saturday and were both really, really hungry. Sooo we thought we'd splurge. We went to this little Chinese place (It reminded me of Rice Wok) and saw a member there! So we talked to the member for a bit. They left and we waited for our food. As we waited, our cashier asked us where we were from and why we were in Georgia. Her sister was actually a member of the church and she remembered going to Young Women's at some point. By the time we left, we had her name and number and we knew that we were both craving Chinese for a reason. The Lord works in mysterious ways! :)

This week at church, I learned something that I really liked. A kid from another ward came to the branch and spoke about making good choices. He said something along the lines of, "If you want to be happy, do things that happy people do. If you want to be depressed, do things that depressed people do." And the Spirit said, "And if you want to be a successful missionary, do things that successful missionaries do." I feel like this applies to all of us! If you want to be a successful mom, dad, student, employee, brother, sister, husband, wife, visiting/home teacher, Sunday school teacher, pianist, football player or whatever else... do things that a successful (insert title here) does!

It really is a different world out here. I love it so much and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for this cute little branch :) Hopefully I'll have some more crazy stories next week!

Love y'all!!

~Sis Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment