July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Quote of the week: Sometimes, when you are a seester, you wear streshy skirts . . . Eets for fun!


Well. This week has been good! :)

I don't remember if I told you... but we live in a member's basement and they're awesome!! Last Monday after we got in for the night Bro Lohnes called down the stair to us, "Hey! We have a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses up here, why don't y'all come talk to them?" Um... okay! So we walked upstairs aaaaand... it was the Empty Nesters Family Home Evening! Haha.

In honor of Pioneer day, they were all talking about their pioneer heritage (I'm telling you. They're all Utah transplants, haha). And Vanessa's voice (dear friend from previous area) came to me, "Tell the story." When the whole Family History miracle went down (When Sister Jacobs learned about her Armenian ancestors and their miraculous escape from persecution in Syria), those words stuck with me. "Wherever you are, their story needs to be told. Tell the story." So I did. And as I shared the incredible story of my wonderful Armenian ancestors I cried. No surprise there.

Sister W. said, "As you say that, I know that they made it here for you. So you could be here on your mission in Georgia to touch specific lives." I know that's true!! I've felt it from the moment I learned of their heroic escape and hearing her say it just reminded me of how wonderful our Father in Heaven is. I am here for a reason. I know that Father in Heaven planted this desire in my heart at an early age so I could prepare. And knowing that they made it for me to be here just heightens my sense of urgency. That whole experience was a super tender mercy! Man. I just love the spirit :)

Our newest investigators are... J & M!! J. retired Pastor and actually originally introduced himself as "Pastor P" and we called him that for like 3 weeks til he asked us to just call him J. So. If I accidentally refer to him as Pastor P. or just P... it's the same guy. Aaaanyway. We were a bit apprehensive that he just wanted to bash. BUT! He didn't! He and his wife are seriously interested in learning! It was such a great lesson! The Spirit was super strong and we're way stoked to see them again tomorrow! :)

This week I got to exchange with a newer missionary. She's been out about 2 months. And I just loved it!!! 'Greenie fire' (a new missionary) is the best. And I miss training, haha. I loved teaching with her because of her simplicity. It reminded me when I worked so hard just to get down the basics! And now... I make things WAAAAY too complicated. Spending a day with her reminded me to keep it simple, follow the Spirit, and bear testimony as He directs :)

Yesterday I had some funny spots on my legs and arms so we went upstairs to talk to the Lohnes' about it and Bro Lohnes gave me a blessing. The priesthood is such a blessing. The spots didn't miraculously heal up, but the instruction I received was so special. I love blessings. :) (I'm pretty sure it's just some sort of Georgia bug bite, haha).

I love the miracles we see every day. I love the peace that comes from the Gospel. I love the Spirit that comes to any environment ready for it. I love to testify of the Book of Mormon and of my Savior. I know there's always more I can learn about who He is and how much He loves each of us, and I'm grateful for the chance I have to learn of Him by trying to be like Him. We're not perfect. But He loves us anyway. Tender mercy, right? :)

Well. That's all for this week!!
Love y'all!
~Sis Jacobs.
 Sister Jacobs, Sister Porter, Sister Winegar & Sister Anderson.  

Yes. Yes, He is.

Praise the Lord . . . and then take a snapshot!




No comments:

Post a Comment