July 7, 2014

Happy 4th of July! - July 7, 2014

Quote of the Week: Carry on, carry on, carry on! :)

Alooooooha!  What a week!

It all began with meeting President and Sister Bennion! (The new mission president & his wife) It was really cool to see them. They're super awesome and tender. Sister Bennion loves music. For one part of the meeting, we met just with her and she had us all sing! Like a choir! She told us that one of the things she's most excited to start up is a mission choir! So obviously I went up to her afterwards and told her I'd been waiting for this my whole mission and she's an answer to my prayers. :)

While that was fantastic and wonderful, the thing that stuck out most was when Pres. Bennion bore his testimony. As he stood there in front of us, his missionaries, I saw the mantel of a mission president. He's new, but we're all new at one point or another. I remember what it was like to be new. I remember what it was like to have a new missionary. And It's all the same. He's the mission president, he has the keys, and I'm super stoked to see what they can do with this mission! :) I love them already, imagine that? :)

The 4th of July was fun! We heard so many fireworks!! Haha. We tried to go outside and see them, but there were too many trees where we were at, but it was fun to talk to people on such a patriotic day :) 

Most of the Youth in the ward went to Gainsville for EFY (Especially for Youth Program) this last week so testimony meeting was like a youth fireside. Sooo good! It reminded me just how much I love the youth and how much potential they all have :)

I love it here. I really do. The work is fixin' to pick up! Just like in my last area, right? :)
Til next week! :)
~Sis Jacobs.

Ps. These people are in my ward. It's fine :) 
http://www.mormon.org/sherri

The New Mission President
President & Sister Bennion & Sister Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment