July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014 - Miracles are around every corner, all you need to do is look for them.

Hello to one and all!

We've seen lot of miracles this week. One of which was Bro C. His wife is a member, he's not. They have 3 super adorable little boys. Their oldest just turned 4. Bro C. has been an investigator for forever. So we wanted to focus more on the temple. Sis C. hasn't gone through yet, so we figured it'd Miracles are around every corner, all you need to do it look for them :)a good lesson for them both. Anyway. We had planned on watching this
https://www.lds.org/church/temples/why-mormons-build-temples?lang=eng

Bro C. pulled up the Mormon Channel and it wasn't there, so we ended up watching this
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages/topics/temples?v=1198212594001

Well. Father in Heaven knows what He's doing. Toward the end when the families are all together, the Spirit was suuuuper strong and Bro C. quietly stated, "Wow. I wish I would've seen this a lot sooner." Um yeah. It rocked. We don't completely know the needs of people we're teaching, but the Spirit does. He knoweth all things!

We have talked to a LOT of people this week and it's been a great experience! I love going on exchanges with the sisters in the zone because I get to see how they talk to people and learn from a new sister twice each week! Most of the appts we've set up are for this coming week, so we're excited to see the miracles that will come with hard work and active faith!

Oh yeah. Interviews were this week! Yay!! I love Pres and Sis Bennion. They're rock stars. There's a reason I'm serving in the zone they live in. Once again, Father in Heaven knows what's up! He knows our needs and He makes sure we are where we need to be when we need to be there. Think about it. As missionaries we are called to a certain mission and we go to various areas. For me it'll be 4 areas. So all of the people I promised to bring the Gospel to in the pre-existence, Father in Heaven placed them in GA, in the 4 little areas I would be, within the 18 months of May 2013 - Dec 2014 so I can find them. Um. Hello! That is a MIRACLE! Not only that. I have gained my foundation and structure from the Wolferts and now I will have a greater opportunity to use music with the Bennions. That's not even to mention the miracles of the timing of me coming out here. Oh my heavens. I could seriously go on and on about how much of a miracle life is. I just wanna be like Nephi and Alma and glory in the Lord all day! And guess what? I get to Yet another miracle!

Oh. One more miracle. Once upon a time Sister Lisa Bray got baptized last August. I haven't been the best with keeping in touch with people after I leave an area (surprising, right? haha). Well. As her anniversary of church membership approaches, I was thinking about her and decided to finally write her a letter, hoping that she hadn't forgotten me. I got an email from her this morning. She can make it to church about once a month. That's a miracle (she was a special pool baptism. She's in a wheelchair and has a hard time sitting up for more than 30 minutes at a time). After she got baptized, all she wanted to do was help in the ward the best she could. And now she has a calling with Visiting Teaching Coordination. Not only that. But the ward missionaries and the temple matron and workers have figured out accommodations for her planned endowment in the fall. Sister Bray is going to the temple!! Despite all of the obstacles in her way, she knows this is what the Lord wants her to do, and she's determined to make it happen. Heavenly Father loves all of His children. I know he does!

Miracles are around every corner, all you need to do is look for them
I love y'all! Have a happy week and a festive pioneer day!!
~Sis Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment