August 19, 2014

Aug. 18, 2014 - Temple Day!

Quote of the week: "Name that movie!" "... The Living Scriptures!"

What a miracle week.

The biggest miracle actually started on transfer day a few weeks back. Sister Adorable got all her stuff in the car and we were just catching up on the mission. Reminiscing the good ole MTC days etc. I could draw this out really long. But basically she told me that one of her converts from her first area would be going through the temple and she was just waiting for Pres to confirm that she could be there for it. Which would mean that I could go, too. I cried. But I didn't get my hopes up. About a week later, she got the 'go' from Pres. I cried again. I hadn't been to the temple since the MTC... that was a long time ago. We went to the Temple on Friday. I can't even describe how it felt to be there again! As we walked in, I saw members from my first area. And more. And more!!! It just happened to also be the Webb Bridge temple night. (The very first area Ashley served in) Which was another tender mercy. As I sat in the endowment session, I took a deep breath and I remember feeling so... at home. Like that's where I belong. I will never ever take the temple for granted. It's such a wonderful place to be. I love the Spirit there. I love the people there. I love the peace it brings.

Funny story. So sometimes Sister Adorable has a hard time being an English missionary again after 9 months of Spanish. I don't blame her. It'd be super tough. So our first legit lesson together was with our investigators J. & M. I told her about them and she got really nervous. It had been kind of a stressful day and we hadn't had time to actually plan out our lesson for them. So... we pulled over on our way to their appt and just talked for a minute. She really opened up about her concerns. She said, "I'm just nervous for this lesson because he's a pastor and I don't even know where things are in my English scriptures and... well.. I don't know how to teach white people anymore!" I waited for a second and then looked over at her and said, "...would it help if I told you that they're black?" She looked at me for a sec and then erupted in a fit of giggles and I couldn't help but join in :) J & M are the best. Still doing great :)

I love it here. I'm never leaving. Ever :) Have a great week and remember that miracles are real. Proof that Father in Heaven is, too :)
Love y'all!
~Sis Jacobs.

The Lilburn Zone Sisters' Pday. :) Sister Adorable arrange us in rainbow order.
Lexy should appreciate that! ;)


Photo: The Lilburn Zone Sisters Pday :) Sister Adorable arranged us in rainbow order. Lexy, you should appreciate that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment